Friday, September 19, 2014

Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza 2014: Yarn Market

This was the first time I had ever been to a yarn market of any kind, so as you can imagine, I was overwhelmed with the need to buy EVERYTHING!

Yarn Market view from entrance
The market included about 25 different vendors, and it was set up in a large auditorium. It everything a fiber artist would ask for: yarn, roving, knitting needles, crochet hooks, hand-dyed yarns, local yarns, local fibers, spinning wheels, weaving looms, and many fiber accessories and gadgets. 

I would recommend numerous walk throughs, because there is so much to see. The crowd booth favorites were definitely Knit Unto Others, Must Stash Shop and Sky Loom Weavers. The staff at all three booths were very friendly and helpful and they had their booths displayed with a copious amounts of merchandise. 

I ended finally breaking out the debit card on my second visit. I bought some beautiful hand-dyed yarn from Must Stash, hand-spun yarn and some weaving tools from Sky Loom Weavers, a sheep measuring tape from Knit Unto Others, and some great alpaca yarn from Edge of Eden Alpacas. I also bought All Wound Up: The Yarn Harlot Writes for a Spin by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, so I can have something to read in the hotel and of course, have her sign it.

All my purchases! So happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment